There are a list of options available to connect with family online.
- WhatsApp – has a maximum group call of 4 people. They recently updated their app to make it easier to start a group call. Requires an internet connection.
- Apple’s FaceTime – Anyone with an iPhone 6 or newer, iPad or most MacBooks, can make video calls with up to 32 people. It is easy to use.
- Zoom – the tool that is taking the world by storm at the moment, allows for 40min group calls (3+ people) on the free account. Requiring an internet connection, and with a limit of up to 100 people, it is easy to see why so many families around the world are using Zoom to connect online. Be aware of sharing your meetingID only with your friends or family, avoid posting the MeetingID on public or social media sites to avoid unwanted guests on your family chat. Some Zoom security tips here.
- Facebook Messenger – the free phone, web or tablet app allows for calls with up to 50 people. Internet connection is needed.
- Skype -allowing up to 50 users to connect online. It is free to download via the app or online at https://www.skype.com/en/get-skype/